Friday, May 9, 2008

Two Thai Teachers

The above teachers sitting with me are two of the best Thai Teachers that it was my pleasure to work with over the years. This picture was taken on a field trip to the Children's Discovery Museum.

On my right is Pia. She and I worked together for over seven years. We really became a good team during that time and she was a tremendous asset to me. She is a strict disciplinarian and the kids in her class don’t get away with anything. You mess us and she is on you like white on rice. Consequently the students in her class sit up straight, pay attention, and obeyed all the classroom rules, much better than would expect for a bunch of 6-7 years old. Pia is married, hails from Ubon Ratchathani and had one child named Kim who is 4.

On my left is Ying. She and I only worked together for one year. She was right out of university at the time and only 21 years of age. Even though it was her first teaching job she was very good. She was up and about in the classroom always being of assistance. She always has a smile on her face, was in a good mood and in general was just fun to be around.

My best of luck to these two outstanding teachers.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

The handsome brute in the middle reminds me of an older version of a guy I was in the Navy with.

Reuben Collier said...

Aged just like a fine wine.