Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Count Continues


The route of my morning walks.
(Click to Enlarge)


I finally ventured outside today and made my morning hour walk up to the local high school. Now that the major days of the Songkran festivities are behind us I felt it was safe. Though, I am sure there are many pocks or resistance throughout the country armed with water guns and other water flinging receptacles looking forward to giving the unsuspecting innocent ones a good dousing.

The death and injured toll continues to rise even though many of the nations inhabitants are expected back to work today. Monday’s highway deaths added 49 to the count, raising the total deaths to 229 breaking last years record for the same period of time. There were 711 road accidents. In addition to those dead, 801 were injured on Monday.

So from Friday through Monday, 2,949 road accidents, killing 229 and injuring 3,315 people. Three more days to go in the official count..

No comments: