Friday, February 22, 2008

Distractions



I’m finding this blogging thing much harder that I had originally anticipated. Hats off to my favorite bloggers who inspired me to try this, Chicken Fat (Eddie Hunter) and Dilbert (Scott Adams). These guys come up with something new daily and often several things in a single day. That takes a lot of fore though, and concentration with probably no major distractions. Distractions real or imagined even minor ones, I feel are my weakness.

Every day there seems to be something going on which seems to require my undivided attention. The drapes were not pleated correctly in the wife’s opinion so had to be taken down, ironed and rehung. Little things like that are very time consuming and take me away from blogging. There are millions of them when moving ino a new home.

For instance, just yesterday, we had our new washing machine delivered. Because our home has no laundry room, or a place to conveniently place a washing machine we elected to do what most of out friends and neighbors do. We put it outside.

To accomplish this we had to complete several tasks. First an electrical source had to be provided, a water source obtained and drainage taken care of. This was all taken care of by the four-man team of installers within a few hour. I know they did all the work, but I had to supervise and that takes time drawing me away from my blogging duties and responsibilities. There were photo's of all the activities, but my posting skills are still not up to speed.

Then there was the instruction manuel that came with the washer, which had to be in translated into English. After, much though regarding this matter, I finally just gave up. But the consideration I gave this matter took considerable time. In the long run I guess I was just being silly. I’m not going to be washing any clothes or using the maching. My job is simple. JUST PAY FOR IT.

These distractions just go on and on. You may say I'm looking for distractions and there may be some truth to that while getting into this retirment thing with both feet. However, I assure any possible reader that I will get my head in the game soon.

Did you know that most washing machings sold throughout the world don't have that big old agitator thing in the center like we do in the U. S.? Why is that?

No comments: